Catching Up

The irony of blogging is that when you have tons of time, there is usually nothing of note to write about. But, when there are many fun and exciting things to blog about, there is never enough time to blog! Here are some snippets of my frazzled (yet very pleasant) life lately.

We have the most fun ward parties! This year Kim and I proved ourselves as the Christmas Trivia Masters and were rewarded with Idle Isle chocolates. Singing Christmas carols is always a favorite activity of mine, and I was not disappointed this evening.
Among other things, we sang the 12 Days of Christmas where each of us was instructed to stand and sing the verse corresponding to our birth month. It was extremely comical to see each group get into their parts! Kim was able to showcase his talents with “5 Golden Rings” and of course Shandra and I helped him as back-up singers shouting, “ba, ba, bum, bum” in true Muppet fashion. Tammy climbed on her chair to assure that she would be seen during her part, and the bishop leaped across the gym during “10 Lord’s A Leaping”. “4 Calling Birds” had several of the men demonstrating their opera skills.
Santa made an appearance and Kalel couldn’t take his eyes off him – until the time came for sitting on Santa’s lap! Then he couldn’t get away fast enough! Oh well, I hope Santa gets Kalel’s letter so he will know what to bring!

Kim’s work party was fun. We had a catered dinner followed by a white elephant game and gift exchange. Kim’s employers are trying out several new venues in woodworking and one of their prototypes was this dinosaur and child-size rocking chair.
Imagine my surprise when I
opened my gift and saw that it held a picture of the dinosaur. What a great gift! Now I just need to figure out where to put it! It is over 5 feet long! Kim received a gift that turned out to be the gift that everyone wanted – a bottle of pig’s feet! YUCK!

Our friends Daniel, Rochelle and darling little Mikayla arrived to spend the weekend with us. We had such a great visit with them! I wasn’t home when they arrived, and apparently Mikayla was devastated. As soon as I opened the door she ran to me calling, “my Audrey!” We taught them how to play several games, and kept them up way too late laughing and eating too much junk food. Before they left Daniel graced us with his trombone talents.

Our annual December condo weekend was as great as ever! We laughed, played, ate, and had no sleep whatsoever. While we were there the world became blanketed in a layer of ice and snow. We were very grateful that we didn’t have to go out at all! And we are especially grateful that nothing serious occurred when both my car as well as Tasha’s car lost control on the ice in one point in the canyon on the way home.

Comments

Chelsea said…
You guys always have so much fun. I will patiently wait for my invitation to game night. ;)
I'm glad you and Tasha are both safe. Scary!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home