No Time for Christmas Things

Sometimes I feel very frustrated at the fact that I am always running and never seem to get things done. It seems like no matter how well I plan someone or something interrupts and I have have to stop what I am doing and do something else.

This year Christmas is coming and it is coming FAST! We are already past the point of starting the 12 days of Christmas, and I haven't even started thinking about who to give those 12 days to. I started sewing Christmas jammies months ago, and I will be lucky to have them finished by New Years. We have the barest of decorations up this year, we don't even have any stockings or yard ornaments. Luckily we left the Nativity up throughout the year or we wouldn't even have a Nativity at all this year. Kim, who is always stressed, is working hours and hours to finish up the big carving project for the courthouse stairs so we don't even have the opportunity to spend much time together.

But, you know what? It is okay. Simple decorations are not bad, just different. Our Christmas won't be ruined if those jammies aren't quite finished. We have each other, the girls, and Kalel and we enjoy spending time together. Tonight Shandra was stressed and having a hard time with Kalel (no doubt it has something to do with us taking him to the condo this weekend, varied his schedule, and then going immediately with his dad to his house). I left my sewing and went to their apartment. I took Kalel in his room, climbed into the rocking chair and read stories to him. After a few stories, we turned off the lights, turned on the music, and just rocked for a few minutes. Then I hugged him tight and laid him on his bed. He didn't want to go to bed, so I sat by his side and patted his back and rubbed his head for about 15 minutes. Next thing I knew he was snoring. It was a very peaceful and calming moment for me and I enjoyed it immensely. I'm so glad that I was able to take that time to just enjoy the benefits of being a grandma.

If we make time to slow down and enjoy it life is good.

Comments

Jen said…
Simple is good and those little moments with Kalel are better than big decorations any day! And those moments won't last forever. I loved your recap of the last few ward events. They were so fun and meaningful and made the season mean more to me.

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home