Gray Beard Gang

My dad started riding his bike with some friends about 4 years ago.  They ride 6 days a week and travel anywhere from 8 to 15 miles a day!  Not bad for an 83 year old man!  Their group varies in number depending on schedules, but the regulars are Bill, Renny, Alan, and Jess.  Curt usually rides with them on Saturdays.  All except Curt are retired, and a friend named them the Gray Beard Gang,  Dad thought that was great, so he immediately started growing a beard! 
The other members of the gang have not elected to grow beards at this time, but dad is pretty proud of his!  He has asked me this summer to join the gang for a ride now and then, but I have hesitated to do so because I am afraid that they will ride circles around me!  However, I finally got up the nerve to ride with them - and it was GREAT!  The first day dad let me ride his bike and I did a lot better than I expected!  We rode over 11 miles - and I kept up the entire time!  I even led on some of the uphills, surprise, surprise!  This morning I rode Kim's bike, and didn't do quite as well.  First of all, the seat was much larger, and I am mighty sore on my read end!  Also, the handle bars aren't as high as dad's and my arms are very sore now.

I'm glad that dad talked me into going, I think I really like it - however, I think I definitely need to get a new bike!  I need to wait until I see how my work schedule goes, and then I may make a new purchase!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home