The Oregon Coast - Some of Nature's Most Beautiful Sights, Part 4

We had a perfect start to our morning!  We headed over to Shear Pleasures for a 90 minute full body deep tissue massage (I know - two massages in a week - I'm getting spoiled!)  It was heaven!
Massage Therapists Amy and Dean

Shanne's masseuse told her to go right from the salon to see the sights at Ecola, Indian Beach, and Cannon Beach and that is what we did.  OH MY GOODNESS!   I honestly cannot express how incredibly beautiful it was!  I wish that there were some way to describe the sight from Indian Beach. . .the majestic cliffs surrounding the sand beaches with the waves crashing to shore.  It was a sight I will never forget!



We went to a fun little place called Cheri's Cafe for lunch.  I really don't like fish, but decided that I would give it a try since I was on the coast.  I ordered a fish sandwich, made with breaded tuna, and it wasn't too bad.  We also had some bread pudding that was heavenly!

That night I stayed back at the condo and Shanne decided to go drive the beach again.  I started to wonder if there was a problem when I realized that she had been gone a very long time.  When she finally arrived she was almost shaking!  She explained that while she was driving and listening to the ocean she all the sudden realized that it was getting dark - very dark.  Soon she couldn't see the ocean at all, and she couldn't find the exit from the beach.  She was the only person on the beach and it was getting foggy.  Naturally she started to panic!  Fortunately she was able to retrace her route until she located the exit.  Safe and sound.

Some interesting tidbits about the Oregon coast:
     I have never seen Tsunami warning signs before, but they are all over the place - along with posted tsunami evacuation routes
 There are Dairy Queens everywhere - there were even two in the small town of Seaside!

The trip was phenomenal and I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to go.   Shanne and I had a fantastic time.  We talked about everything you can imagine!  It was great!


Comments

Jodi said…
Oh reading all your Oregon posts makes me want to go back there so bad! I just LOVE that place! Thanks for sharing your adventures!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home