Food 4 Thought Friday!

Food Thought Friday!
 







A little feast without the calories!! 

Please visit Jodi's blog!  She posts these for us.   Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! She will post a new one each Thursday night.JOIN IN!!! 


Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥   

HOLIDAY MEMORIES   
Breakfast ~ What is the best gift you ever received at Christmas?
I have had so many wonderful gifts over the years, each one is special to me. It is very difficult to pick just one.  I think I could narrow it down to two.  First of all, the last Christmas BJ was with us he got me a beautiful Christmas quilt adorned with moose.  I treasure that quilt.  Second, my girls and Kim got together and gave me new flooring for my kitchen.  It was beautiful and totally a surprise!  I still smile every time I walk in the kitchen and see it.  That flooring led to a complete renovation.

Lunch ~ Do you have a special Christmas memory from when you were a child? 
The strongest memories I have of Christmas as a child are of the torture of trying to sleep when I was so excited for Christmas morning.  I swear, those nights seemed liked they lasted for months!  I would try, try, try to relax, but I never could.  I’m sure that I must have slept a little, but it didn’t seem like it.  It was miserable!  But worth it when morning finally arrived.

Dinner ~ What is the best gift you have ever given at Christmas?
One year we did the “Twelve Days of Christmas” for a special family.  It was so fun!  Unfortunately, although we have been generous in other ways we have not done the twelve days since. 

Midnight Snack ~ Which Christmas has special meaning to you and why?
Each Christmas is special to me, but honestly I think that this Christmas will have extra special meaning.  My brother-in-law, David, one of my very favorite people, received a Christmas miracle.  He has been sick for a long time with non-alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver.  The last few months have been horrible.  Among other things, his body has accumulated so much fluid that he has had to go the hospital as often as 3 times a week to have the fluid drained.  They have taken 6-10 liters of fluid off him each time.  He got really sick after Thanksgiving and has been hospitalized.  We have been hoping, praying for him to be able to get a liver transplant, but the doctors say that his “meld” score isn’t high enough yet.  We were wondering, just how sick does someone have to get?  Anyway, two days ago, a miracle occurred, a liver became available that was a match.  Fortunately he was in the hospital and ready for the transplant!  Truly a Christmas miracle – and an answer to prayer.  We feel sad for the family of the donor, but are very grateful for the gift.

Recipe of the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)  

Enjoy the spirit of Christmas, appreciate the gift of the Savior, spend wonderful time with family, and make more memories.

Comments

Jodi said…
Yay you played!!!
That is amazing news about your brother in law! Things seem to happen like that more around Christmas time and I believe it's because the Savior is so grateful that we focus on His gifts at this time that He wants to give us even more.
Great answers!
THANKS FOR PLAYING! Now get Kim and your girls to as well! hehe

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home