Blog Challenge #27: A problem/Friends

#27:  A problem you have or have had in the past
What kind of question is this?  Anyone who knows me knows that I don’t have any trouble sharing my problems . . . and there are numerous posts where I have written about my problems.  Honestly, today I do not want to start thinking about my problems – because once I start listing them, the list just seems to grown exponentially. 

Therefore, I have made an executive decision and I am going to address another subject.

Who was your best friend growing up?

My first best friend was Colleen Hirschi.  We lived next door to her for first, second, and third grades.  I always thought that it was so cool that our birthdays were only two days apart!  It seemed to me that we played together every day.  We loved to swing and climb on jungle gyms.  One time we took our sisters (who were also the same ages) to a pond and caught a whole bunch of little, tiny frogs and then tried to sell them!  Next to Colleen lived another friend, Julie Stevens.  Julie was several years older than us, but we still had fun playing with her.

Roxane, me, Colleen, and Cathy
In third grade we moved and I soon met Sue Davis.  We became almost inseparable for the next several years.  I can remember many, many times when either of our mothers would chastise us because they said that all we did was giggle!  Sue and I loved to play board games and would play for hours – sometimes days on end.  We dreamed of forming our own rock band and spent hours trying to come up with the perfect name for our band – no matter that neither of us could really play an instrument!  We practically lived at each other’s houses, and sleepovers occurred frequently.



Sue’s family moved out of town during junior high, and I thought that I would die without my friend!  We wrote tons of letters to each other, and for some reason, we both decided to change our names to Clara in our correspondence.  Distance makes it difficult to maintain friendships, and Sue and I lost touch.  However, just recently she found me on Facebook and we were able to get together for lunch.  It was so great!  We talked and talked and talked!  Fun times!

In high school Tammy Davis, Gaylene Garrett and I were pretty much inseparable.  Often Gaylene's sister Teri and EllenKay Lee joined our group.  




Gay's mother opened her house to us and we practically moved in!  We listened to the Eagles, drooled over Sam Elliot in "Lifeguard", and supported each other through the ups and downs of "falling in love" with boys.  
Tammy and I are still great friends, we talk almost every day.  I'm so glad to have had these great friends to help me weave my way through life!

Comments

Tasha Hunzeker said…
Holy cow! You and Shan look identical as little girls!
And Tammy looks like kinzie! Weird :)

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Mom is Coming Home

Our 3 Minutes of Fame