October Challenge #25--What have been some of the fashion/beauty trends you've worn over the years?

There have been many of fun and/or funny trends through the years!  

My younger years were spent in dresses, 
















Junior high I remember was an era of wide leg jeans - the wider the better, and if they weren't wide enough material was stitched in to make them wider!  
Hot pants and mini-skirts were in, but I didn't really get into that.  Platform shoes were just making a debut.   I had a pair of navy and white heels that I loved!
In high school we had to wear HASH jeans or LAPD's. 
 Everyone had Farrah Faucett Hair.  
If dresses were worn they had to be floor length, and Gunny Sax was the brand to wear.   
After awhile the midi-skirt came into style, usually with boots.  
Of course the white three-piece suit was all the rage after "Saturday Night Fever" was released.  Perfect for going to the Disco!
After the Farrah Faucett look, the afro became the popular hairstyle 
Once I got married in the early 1980's I honestly have not paid much attention to the fashion trends!  I know that for awhile we were really into cowboy boots and wrangler jeans - but that could have been because we did a lot of dancing to country music!  
Since then I have noticed that almost all of the trends have resurfaced a time or two - short skirts, long skirts, mid-calf skirts, hip-hugger jeans, high-waisted jeans, wide legs, skinny legs, turtleneck sweaters, cowl-neck sweaters, scarves, wide belts, narrow belts - it is hard to through anything out because you never know if it will come back in style!

Comments

Jodi said…
Oh wow! This post brought back so many memories! I have been avoiding doing this question because I couldn't think of any and now you have spurred my mind! haha

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home